Pages

Friday, July 8, 2011

Still Workin On It

I haven't forgotten about the meme or the other stuff I'm #workinon. It's been a rough ride lately and really tough to get the wrench out of the gears.


My previous post was in draft and I had forgotten all about it. I had written it back on May 13th and thought I might tweak it a bit, but set it aside. That must have been the beginning of the funk. 


Finding a happy medium in a place that is filled with anything but happiness has been breathtaking...and not as in awe inspiring. It has been a struggle to break through the rut of what seems like, despair. I say despair because it seemed to be relentless. Usually I would find myself dealing with negatives, on a positive note. Noooo...not this time.


I'm angry with myself for allowing this to happen....this is not me. Sure there are times when we fall into doldrums, but I was getting dangerously close to not wanting to write anymore. It was as if I didn't care...AND I KNOW THAT IS NOT ME!   



Going through my mind now, I see some of the things that has brought me to stagnant hood. 


Occupation-wise, I have been installing auto glass for 30+ years now....I'm tired. I like what I do....but I'm tired. One of the most rewarding part of my job that keeps me going are the customers we service. It is really gratifying to see the smiles and have a good talk at times while working. 


I think I'm burnt on my current occupation and deep inside, crave for change, something new. But we all know that these are tough times and jobs are hard to come by. Watching the evening news and saw that all those people will be out of work once this last shuttle mission is over.


Tough times...nuf said on that.


I bought a used bike this past Sunday. This will be beneficial in many ways. I don't have to worry about gas. I get exercise. My mind will start functioning again. Can't go wrong with any of that.


I'm still here and kickin'.


Whatr U Workin On?


No comments:

Post a Comment

Now if ya don't say something, I'll never know what you're thinking.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...