Pages

Monday, August 20, 2012

It's Always Good

Tomorrow is TheWife's birthday and she had the day off from work today wanted to spend it with TheGrands and Darcel to celebrate. 
when we got there, we were greeted with hugs. 

After awhile we went to 'the beach'...it's not really a beach but a place where you can be close to the water and enjoy some 'quiet time'...except for the cars and trucks zooming by on the freeway. If you zone yourself, you don't even notice the sounds....and the kids love it.

 

My knee was bothering me so I couldn't do much walking and stayed behind while they walked ahead.


There is an area for sitting and it also has a bell and a plaque. Some of the bricks honors cancer survivors, those who lost the fight and family members giving them remembrance. 


It's called "Mary Ellen's Bell". After I took the pictures, I rang the bell and remembered my dad and my brother. The emotions that flooded me caught me by surprise in a way...I sat in silence and read the names and comments by others that were beneath my feet on the commemorative bricks of the survivors and loved ones who lost their beloved.

Sitting there gives relevance to the time we have to spend with the ones we love.



TheWife was really happy and the kids had a good time. It had been awhile since they saw UncleR.

I know I don't always say how much I appreciate these moments, but it is always good to see them and spend time with them. I love to see the pictures Darcel and Charles post in blogs and on Facebook...miles and miles of smiles.






No comments:

Post a Comment

Now if ya don't say something, I'll never know what you're thinking.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...