Pages

Wednesday, March 31, 2010

Simple Things

In today's times of hustle and bustle, so many people miss out on the Simple Things in life. Who do we blame for this. Do we look at the technology that is supposed to streamline everything for us? Or do we look at how the technology is being used.  Let's go back to the times when we were tied to our desks because we had to accomplish so many things on the.....computer.....yes the computer did bring us from the age of paper and pen, to the age of getting it done now. Thus the reason we sat at our desks for what seemed like ever. Of course with technology being what it is, continues to expand and help us to get it done now, allowing us to leave the desk in the office and take the office with us.....But....that same technology robs us from some of the Simple Things. Now I hope you don't expect me to tell you what those Things are. We are amongst a population of so many different cultures, personalities and backgrounds, these Things are in the lives of each and every one and special to them only. Someone's Thing might be teaching another the art of music when they least expect it, or hearing the sound of dry leaves running across the pavement on a windy day....you really should hear that when you get a chance, it's really cool. Another could be just watching and learning, taking the time to listen, taking the time to hear, get the idea?
Have you ever really Heard the sound of the water brushing gently across the rocks? I have to admit that I have and I can still hear it today. I was in Florida working during the multiple hurricanes....whatever year that was....ok?  I found a spot after work on a beach. The water was sloshing against the rocks but in my ears, it was gentle. Loving the water anyway, I closed my eyes and focused on the sound of the water sloshing against the rocks. It was soooo peaceful....that moment......at that time was my Simple Thing. Of course I have piled up a great deal more Things since then.
These...Things, are moments that come and go. Some zip by so fast we thought it was just a cool breeze. Some hang around like a heavy cloud but we're too busy getting it done.
Anyway, I think you get the picture. Technology will continue to improve to make our lives more streamlined, and we will miss out on a lot of time for Simple Things, but let's grab as many as we can along the way, I'll be Workin On that myself.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Now if ya don't say something, I'll never know what you're thinking.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...