Pages

Tuesday, August 10, 2010

That Was Close

I know I said I was doing a series about me, getting to know me and all; but I was working on The Bottomless Heart and was doing some test prints and the graphics are far less than desirable. 


So in a way you can say you have found out something about me. In this situation, poor planning. I may have jumped the gun just a tad. I wanted this to debut at the end of August and running into a snag like this is my fault also because I just came up with the design a few days ago. But I had been working on other stuff for some time and this just popped. I rushed this....I see that now. But only because I'm having an art problem. The idea and concept behind The Bottomless Heart is intact. 


I now realize what my problem is and I am in the process of correcting that. It starts with the basic piece of artwork that I used. I'm using PrintMaster 11 to create my projects and Adobe PhotoShop 6 to finish some of them. I like using PrintMaster because of it's versatility. I love the different effects I got with this particular design. As I was saying, it started with the original art object. I hadn't noticed before how the edges were jagged. So when I stretched it, those jagged edges really show up in print. I can't really fault the artwork either because I'm trying to use it in a way that it's not meant to be. I see an object and I see it's potential. So what I've learned is that I may have to be careful with what type of art I use in a given project.  I have to say that this is my first glitch using PrintMaster and again it's the fault of the artwork.


I have a couple of ideas, and I'm confident that I can pull this off....all I have to do is get smooth edges.....what so hard about that? 


#whatruworkinon


No comments:

Post a Comment

Now if ya don't say something, I'll never know what you're thinking.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...