Pages

Sunday, June 17, 2012

On This Father's Day

I almost decided not to do this post but changed my mind again. I am reminded by events that brings perspective to what I'm doing with my life right now. The death of my brother sucked the air right out of me and it took awhile the start breathing again.


My nephew, my only sister's oldest son had a stroke last year. He was fortunate to have someone with him at the time. His stroke was bad, but he is currently recovering. He is walking on his own and takes morning walks by himself. He stutters when he speaks and keeps apologizing whenever we talk...I keep telling him that he doesn't have to do that. I really find joy when we do talk because he continues to make progress.


I talked to my sister today and find out that he has an aneurysm and will be having surgery. 


For whatever reason I didn't find out until three days after the fact, that my third oldest brother suffered a stroke this past Wednesday and he too happened to not be alone. Although his was not as severe as our nephew's, it is a stroke nonetheless. He was at home yesterday but will be off of work for at least 4 weeks. 


I can't help but to think about myself and my family....what can I do for them. What can I do now that will be of benefit to them in the future. Life insurance?...sure. What more can I do? Some may say that insurance is enough. Not me. 


These aforementioned events have touched that nerve...you know the one. That is why what I do is so important for me. I value my life and all that God has given me. My abilities, my desires, my love for those that have come into this life behind me. For me, it's not just a matter of raising your children, but helping them to reach and to achieve, to realize they too have goals that can be reached. 


So I continue to show my love by doing what I do in hopes that will be of substance to them in their future. Utilizing my time to build on the foundation that was started in my mind, many years ago...never giving up on that dream. 


With that, I'd like to say that my second clock sold this past Friday. Some of you may have seen the prototype


Here is the final design of the 8 x 8 clock...Rise Above...


MyQuesMark Rise Above Clock Design
Here it is in the shadow box I made for either wall mount or desktop
complete with painted frame

Here is Darcy holding his brand new clock...I wonder if he realizes he's holding the only clock of its kind (as per design)
I would venture to say in all the world.
Thanks Darcy!


If it all stops here and now, in my heart I have succeeded....I don't know how much time I have left and if I ask God, he wouldn't tell....besides, I don't want to know. I want to continue to work this time that I have because things are put into perspective,
On This Father's Day

No comments:

Post a Comment

Now if ya don't say something, I'll never know what you're thinking.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...