Pages

Friday, August 26, 2011

Now We Wait

Tomorrow morning hurricane Irene will have hit land in North Carolina and then proceed onward over the Chesapeake Bay and head north toward the rest of the east coast, leaving behind her path of destruction. Work has been cancelled for Saturday but they plan to open on Sunday.


I stopped at the store after work to get a few more things like paper products and more water and batteries and some snacks.


Now it's a matter of waiting...seems strange to have this much time on my hands and don't seem to know what to do with it. I have been socializing with family and friends on Facebook while working on this post...I got a few goods laughs out of that. I've forgotten how easy it is and how rewarding it can be to say a few words among family and friends....I'm always too busy to take time to relax, and breath...saying that, it reminds me of something I said in one of my very early posts; losing sight of what this is really about...remembering that there is life and not to lose sight of that. That includes socializing, meeting new friends, staying active. 


I have found that I have become complacent once I get home from work. My motivation has diminished because I feel so drained and extinguished. 


I am starting to feel better and have some drive working in my favor. This hurricane may have an affect on my blog challenge...we'll see how that goes. I feel a calm as the storm approaches and I believe that is due to the locals who have lived here for years...yes there is a lot of stocking up going on but that is being smart, but there is a sense of no panic among the neighbors and I believe that carries over. I was talking to a neighbor earlier this evening and she wanted to know if we were staying. As far as we can tell, everyone is staying in our area....we have no evac notice.


DaddyCharles and MahoganyMama did take the kids to his family's place in Newport News. They were going to stay but it was a last minute decision to go.


I guess I'll get off here and play a game or two before bed.


Stay safe locals.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Now if ya don't say something, I'll never know what you're thinking.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...