Pages

Saturday, May 5, 2012

This Takes Me Back

I'm tellin ya ahead of time....it's a picture heavy post.


It was time for me to take a closer look at the engine of my van. This won't be the first time I had the "dog house" cover off, but it will be the first time I'm taking a good look into what I'll have to do in the near future.


















It comes apart in two sections.







It's really pretty easy to 
take apart....two 1/2" bolts
on the floor....



 ....and two clamps on both sides 
at the top.


Once you get both sections off, you have access to a great portion of the engine.



When I removed the breather cover, there was a strong gas odor. I'll probably replace the oxygen sensors.

Spark plugs don't look so hot either.   

I climbed underneath to see why my 
tires were worn and part of the reason, 
the ball joints have no grease. 


I rotated the tires to finish up. The van is in sound condition and once I get the tune up and some tires I should be good for a bit.


I tinted the windows a couple weeks ago...it looks much better from a distance, but not bad for doing it alone. The instructions suggest two people; that is some hard stuff to work with I'll tell ya! I removed the windows from the van and tinted them that way.

On another note....I'm thinking of designing new signatures for my blogs.

Reggie


                                            

No comments:

Post a Comment

Now if ya don't say something, I'll never know what you're thinking.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...