Pages

Saturday, January 28, 2012

If Time Did Stop

Image courtesy of Photobucket

Time ticks away by the seconds
Minute by minute, hour by hour
Awake we all, as the sun beckons
Rise from the bed, into the shower

 Starting the day that awaits
Fresh from head to toe
Off to work, or whatever in states
Going here and there, to and fro

But I wonder sometimes
If time came not to be
Also do bells and chimes?
The waves from the sea?

No more songs from birds
No more wind or rain
 Silence, we hear no words?
 Hearts feeling no pain?

Would there be peace
At long last for sure?
Or does life cease
For all to endure



This is linked to Thursday Poets Rally Week 61


My thanks to The Poetry Palace for this award.



Blessings come from God, and people with love
The award you see, yes the one up above
Has been given to me, for the poem I wrote
"If Time Did Stop", with lumps in my throat

I wrote it with care, and much in mind
And they who voted, were oh so kind
I write this with love, and appreciation
I accept this award from my, writing station







2 comments:

br!nDle said...

Time really flies...awesomely embraced...liked it...:)

Reggie said...

Thank you br!nDle

Post a Comment

Now if ya don't say something, I'll never know what you're thinking.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...