Pages

Wednesday, January 25, 2012

What Is The Right Thing To Do?

Our internet service went down last night and was restored a couple of hours ago. After the restoration, I really noticed how much email I had accumulated and decided to clean house. While going through my two major accounts it came very clear to me how different things are for me right now. One of the accounts showed me how much I had strayed away from poetry and the online friends I was beginning to become acquainted with. Not only that but a couple of blogs I was reading on a regular basis.


As I continued through the old mail, the dates brought to mind what I had already remembered long before starting this venture. The 1 year anniversary of my oldest brother's passing. I called my mom and talked to her for awhile and that made me remember even more how much I miss him. It was good to hear my mom's voice...still strong in my ear....realizing how much I miss her too.


Events in life never stop...they keep coming. How they affect us and how we choose to deal with them rest solely on our individual shoulders. Deleting those old emails did bring back memories but they also triggered a need....no....a desire to restore what I miss about me. Even though you may not have heard from me as much as before, I have not been idle. Changes have been taking place and the journey continues.


Eliminating that which hinders us sometimes may not seem the right thing to do in the eyes of others, but others don't have to live our lives. Remembering is not always a good thing, but forgetting can sometimes be the wrong thing to do. How we handle these rest solely on our individual shoulders.


Time doesn't stop, events continue to happen and changes do take their place. We must also take our spot and do what is right for us...even if others may think it foolish...they do not live our lives...and we don't live theirs. 


Making decisions are all a part of the journey and they have to be made...good or bad, right or wrong. 





No comments:

Post a Comment

Now if ya don't say something, I'll never know what you're thinking.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...