Pages

Saturday, November 20, 2010

Bits and Pieces

Some people have said that I am cocky. I like to think that I am being confident in who I am. Consciously, I do not give off an aura of cockiness; I do believe that it stems from having conversations with me. What do you mean I talk like I know everything?


Actually, I consider myself to be on the geek side of manhood with a little smooth around the edges. 


I remember being shy throughout my life, although many would say otherwise. I am quiet under certain situations until warming up, especially when in a group of unknowns.


When I was younger I was really good at remembering numbers. Tell me a phone number one time and I had it. I loved Math in school up until Trigonometry. When they introduced that to me I lost it, but I survived it. Speaking of school, that was my most shy times when it came to girls; oh I dated, but there were certain girls that I had trouble with. In other words, I stumbled a lot...they had no trouble being themselves around me, I was just a goof at times. Maybe I just put them a tad high on the pedestal...ya think? Some things never change.


Moving on...my school days was a mix of good and bad. I was too afraid to do wrong for fear of what mom and pop would do to me. I was pretty good at most subjects during those times, but as I came into Junior High I realized that I didn't enjoy learning anymore. All I wanted to do was get through Junior and High school and be done with it. Looking back, the way I was being taught in school had a big affect on why I did not choose college. In some ways I miss not going to college, but even if I did attend I knew I would have trouble. I love learning, Love it. I think learning through a book is too slow for me. Don't get me wrong, I know it is absolutely necessary to study and hit the books...for certain things. I see why parents choose unschooling or homeschooling, it's more natural...that would have been good for me; I see that now. 


Hey, get this... I like to read. I used to read mystery, drama, and yes I even dabbled in some romance. My most recent reads have been computer magazines. It's been awhile since I've even read one of those.
Most of you who have been reading my blog know where a lot of my time has been spent. Reading, as much as I love it has been limited to my monitor; I know I know... shameful. I've been telling myself I should get back into reading.


I'm missing something....oh yeah, my tools. *sigh*   

No comments:

Post a Comment

Now if ya don't say something, I'll never know what you're thinking.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...