Pages

Tuesday, August 17, 2010

A Break and More of Me

I have decided that I needed a break. I need to stop for a moment and gather my thoughts and give my mind and body time to rest.
I have had a lot going on these past few weeks but I did promise to reveal some things about me. So here we go.





I am currently separated from a marriage of 31 years; now into our second year of separation. Without first consulting her on mentioning her name, for now she will be my estranged wife. We are still under good terms, which makes things easier. I will say that she is currently living with our son, Reg. I wish I had pictures of him. 

I am working a job that I have done for about 35 years now. I've been with this company for 4 years. I don't like to talk about my job. I like what I do. I get to meet people and see areas that are new to me. 

I think I'm still making the adjustment to the Virginia Beach area....I guess what I mean is this part of the country. It's not a bad experience by any means. I've always lived farther north. I love not having to deal with the very harsh winters anymore. 

In 1972 I graduated from John Adams High School in Cleveland, OH. I ran track during my freshman year, but that class was too fast for me. I did that because I ran track in Junior High and thought I would continue into High School. 

I had no desire for college and that is because I like learning, but I feel confined when I have to deal with text books. That's why I liked Printing, Woodwork, Photography, and I also took Architectural Drafting during Jr and High School.

I've always liked interactive types of things, whether it's just throwing something together or taking time on a project. I wish I could show you some of the things I made when I was a kid. My gosh....looking back on that, those were some rough looking cars, and jewelry boxes with drawers, you name it I just knew I could put it together. 

I'm no decorator by any means, but I'd like to show you something I put together.

The next 2 photos are the same, just different lighting. It is a small fruit crate that my wife got from her job. She would bring home a couple on occasion. I knew I would find uses for them. The net on the front I had purchased in a package along with some shells. The lighthouses in the background is leftover wall paper crown I had in my home office in Dayton, OH., the ship in the bottle and the lighthouse I purchased from a Walmart in Dayton, OH years ago. This is hanging on the wall in my room.

 





This one is a bonus I was just about to close and post when I thought to lift the net. I like it.  



I guess that'll do for now. I have to same some for later.

  








No comments:

Post a Comment

Now if ya don't say something, I'll never know what you're thinking.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...