Pages

Tuesday, July 6, 2010

Samuel Royce Alexander Harmon

I was sitting here checking mail and I went to my blog and skimmed through my last few postings. Because of the way I had been feeling, I put off writing a post to my grandson. Kept telling myself I want to wait until the time is right; when I feel like I'm ready to start writing again. I'll admit that personal slump hit me a bit hard in that area. Other parts of my emotional being also took hits as well, so I struggled for a time there. I'm feeling better and I want to write again.


Samuel at birth weighed in as the smallest of the three. Nakiah, the first born weighed in at 10lbs. Ava weighed in at 10lbs 10oz. Samuel comes into the world weighing 7lbs 10oz. He's making that up fast. 

 I have been enjoying the presence of my grandson, included in the presence of Nakiah and Ava. Samuel's face lights up when one of them come close to him or starts to play with him. 


He is growing so fast. During his first week, he wasn't feeling me a whole lot. As the next few weeks past by, I have been able to hold him longer than just a few minutes. I have been able to put him to sleep a few times. He's starting to smile at me when he sees me. I like that. 




                                        Samuel at 2 weeks




A couple days after he was born, I remember telling Darcel how he had been holding his head up on his own. Such a show off. When I'm holding him, I have to remember that he is still too young to really do this on his own on a regular, but he really insists on showing us what he is capable of doing. He's following voices and  mommy and daddy passing by movements; it's hard to keep up with him.


I still can hear the ringing in my ears when Charles came running upstairs shouting: "I got my boy!!!-- I got my boy!!!"  We then proceeded to hug each other in appreciation. It was really an exciting time!!!


I think about the days before birth and how Darcel was dealing with false labor (she was actually in labor); I wished I could do something for her, but knew that all I could do was try to be there for her....you know how daddy's are. I'm so proud of Darcel and how she was able to manage the stress and emotions of child birth. 


Everything turned out well...it's easy for me to say....I wasn't giving birth. Charles and Darcel have their son and I have my grandson. As I said before, he is growing fast as you see in the following photo.  


                                          Samuel at 6 weeks


He's really porkin out huh? That's my grandson!!




1 comment:

Darcel said...

Nice post! I'm sure Samuel would like to see this when he's older.

Post a Comment

Now if ya don't say something, I'll never know what you're thinking.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...