Pages

Wednesday, November 24, 2010

I Made It

My first day back to work since I started my blog challenge was yesterday and it was interesting. I'm not gonna talk about it. I have come to the understanding ....again....that the best way for me to deal with work is to be quiet. 


I have been so frustrated lately and the more I complained, the more I became, so you will really get the picture, enraged. So in order for me to keep my sanity, I must be quiet.


It was a warm November day yesterday in the 70's, but today will be about 15 degrees cooler. I'm gonna miss yesterday. It could be worse, I could be in Minnesota :-) I do miss Minnessota. The area we were in was about 30 miles south of Minneapolis-St Paul. Burnsville. mmmmm. 


One thing that fascinated me about that area was the bicycles. Everybody had one and I mean everyone. Not only that, but they ride them all year long....at least some of them do. I'm talking freezing cold, snow, ice, it didn't matter. I couldn't believe what I was seeing but day after day, as I drove to work I would see the same people bundled up real good and peddling their bikes.


Some were college students on their way to class, some were just going to work, and maybe some were taking a winter joy ride....brrrrr. I guess if you live in that environment for a period of time, you can get used to that.


Oh yeah, some of you may be wondering if I was in a good mood all day. Let's just say that I was able to accomplish what I wanted and that was to get through the day. After all, it was the first day. I remember how I felt as I was driving home; allowing the work day to ease it's way out of my mind and body. I began to relax and started thinking about what I would do when I got home. I had about a twenty minute ride home and it was later than usual so traffic wasn't bad at all. It was thick in spots, but moving...key word. 


When I got home, I said hello to Ava. She was on the floor playing and then I noticed Samuel getting excited sitting on Darcel's lap, but before getting Samuel, I turned to say hi to Nakiah who was on the couch watching TV. I don't think she looked up. I like how Samuel gets excited to see me when I get home. Of course it's not the same as when he spots Mommy or Daddy, but I'll take what he's giving me.


It'll be nice when I get my own place, no doubt I will surely miss these moments.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Now if ya don't say something, I'll never know what you're thinking.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...