Pages

Friday, January 14, 2011

I Just Like To Write



What have I become in these past few months?

Am I not the same man who has awaken daily to go about life's journey, to do what is necessary to acquire the essentials to sustain what we call life? What is so different about me that I am so pleased to have a plateful waiting. When I am here, I am able to open a world that I have longed for, a world that fills the senses of contemplation, passion, relaxation, creativity, the obscure, humor, love,  poetic justice.

I am finding that this world is filled with knowledge that makes me feel and know that I still have much to learn. I am not running from, but steadfastly heading toward this world. This world has opened to me my desire, one of my passions, to write. 

I have always loved writing. Not novels, or stories. Just writing. I've been blogging for less that a year now, my anniversary is in March, and still feeling that beginning curve. Reading that first post again...I feel as if I am staying true to that. And that's without really trying. 

That makes it fun, and crisp. 

When I sit here and write, I am at home, at peace...in my world. What I really like about it?...I just like to write. I'm being me, simple as that. I sometimes like to be funny, at times I can be romantic, or revealing. Whatever I choose, or feel for the moment to write, I can be me. I am realizing how much I missed being me. 

It is not an escape, but an addition, to write. 

I don't want to escape, nor am I able to escape what the real world is throwing at me. I can't, nor will I hide from the journey...that is this life. 

But what I have, I will use to make a difference in my life to make this journey. 
Am I trying to make a difference?...I really hope so. I'm getting older in this life and I have still much to experience, more to learn. This world that has been a part of my life, albeit doormat, is now awakening. 

It is giving me therapeutic relief? 

It can be at times, yes. When the pressures of a day tend to take the wind out of me, yes...I like to write. I can write the anguish I feel in my heart to sooth the pain. So yes, it can be therapeutic.

I really don't write as much as I would like. I just don't have the time. Although I would love to sit for hours and just write, I can't. I know I said that I don't write novels or stories, but that has been something I've wanted to do, but I know I don't have that type of writing skill to pull it off. 

I like to write poetry although I feel humbled by what I have come across these past couple of weeks. I was invited to One Shot Wednesday and Poetry Potluck over at Jingle Poetry. I love the venue the journey has chosen to steer. Although I am in the presence of seasoned poets, again feeling humbled and overwhelmed by what I am reading,  I am happy to be able to write what I feel and to express myself. 

I want this to stay fun...if I lose that, I lose. 



1 comment:

Brian Miller said...

i hear you man...writing is therapautic for me as well...and i occassionally lose the fun, but that is usually when i need to write the most...

Post a Comment

Now if ya don't say something, I'll never know what you're thinking.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...