Pages

Monday, January 10, 2011

On Our 34th Wedding Anniversary...

Today is the 34th wedding anniversary for my wife and I. 
There was nothing special. 
She actually forgot...that surprised me.
We are not the same couple that fought the battles of the past. Don't let the picture indicate fights between us...just the struggles of marriage. 










We seem to have risen above that level of communication.


Of course even before we separated, we didn't argue much. 


The three years apart doesn't seem to have any affect on how we live as a family. In fact, things are better than before.


Will there be a rekindling of the hearts?


To be honest?...I have no idea. I'm just taking this one day at a time. We have a lot going on here and there are other things of priority that need to be addressed. 



So on this the 34th anniversary of our wedding, there was no bubbly, no kisses, no hugs. I'm not disappointed though. What I have means the world to me. The grandkids getting to know Mamaw and Uncle R, the feeling of bonding taking place...yes 

 ...I'll take this.


3 comments:

Anonymous said...

magical journey piece.
Happy Anniversary.

Anonymous said...

I invite you to join Jingle Poetry Potluck week 17, link in 1 to 3 old poems today, Thanks for the valuable support!


Potluck Week 17 Treat/Awards 4 You, Enjoy!

Reggie said...

Thank you so much for the invite...I have submitted my entries...hope you enjoy.

Post a Comment

Now if ya don't say something, I'll never know what you're thinking.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...